Benefits of NutraBio Vitamin C Powder
- Has anti-oxidant properties.
- Is needed for antibody production.
- Has natural antihistamine properties.
- Aids in fighting off pathogens and free radicals.
- Protect fat-soluble Vitamins A and E and fatty acids from oxidation.
- Is vital to the production of collagen, which is involved in the building and health of cartilage, joints, skin, and blood vessels.
Ascorbic acid is the chemical name for pure Vitamin C. Vitamin C is a water-soluble, antioxidant vitamin. It is important in forming collagen, a protein that gives structure to bones, cartilage, muscle, and blood vessels. Vitamin C also aids in the absorption of iron, and helps maintain capillaries, bones, and teeth. Vitamin C plays an essential role in your body's immune system. It is found in every cell of our body and performs various functions including:
Vitamin C is one of nature's most powerful antioxidants, working to protect the body from harmful free radical molecules. It's found in some concentration in fruits and vegetables, however citrus fruits, strawberries, cantaloupe, tomatoes, broccoli, potatoes and leafy greens are the best sources.
As a water-soluble vitamin, vitamin C is not stored in the body and must be regularly replaced through diet or supplementation (the body cannot make it on its own). Deficiency is rare, but smoking, stress and certain illnesses can cause reduced levels. Supplementing with vitamin C may help strengthen the immune system.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 1 serving with your favorite beverage 1-2 times daily, or as directed by your physician.